Sunday, May 30, 2021

In Deltaville the A. Konjac bloomed for my birthday but I only saw a late budding stage.  Three of the four peonies bloomed, not the one to right of front steps.  Planted tomatoes and Poblano peppers but by Mem Day they had been rabbitized, according to Sue.  Strawberry cactus had two blooms!   


May 15 or so.  The Canna lilies in the ceramic pot at the end of the driveway were emerging.  I planted four caladiums (Summer Breeze I think) in an apparently empty spot in the pot.  Other caladiums went into pots with Cannas; planted Oxalis in with last year's begonias, which sprouted in garage but wilted in summer sun.  Also with the Cannas I planted a red-purple Salvia and a Sunset colored one and Peruvian verbena to dangle 

The bigger Syandrospadix put up a long slender leaf and a flower.  The smaller one has split in two and was repotted; it shows a green sprout.

Retreived the A. bulbifer in a green pot; it is beginning to come up.

No comments: